Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A big Time Out

Every now and then a busy mom needs a time out. Not just to her room (that's daily!) but a time to step away from things for a chance to relax and regroup. Soon after Bethany was born, I came across the information for a Time Out for Women in Phoenix that was happening in a few months. I thought that sounded like great fun and an opportunity to have a little break and see family and friends at the same time. There was also going to be a Time Out for Girls that Hannah could attend. So we signed up and put it on the calendar.

I'm so glad that I had the foresight to do that! As the date approached, I was so ready for a time out. The baby still didn't have a good schedule yet, and with her and schooling and then dealing with lice (as mentioned in another post) I was at a very low point. Hannah and I and Bethany flew to Phoenix and stayed with Grandma Taylor for 3 days. One big thing I noticed on this particular trip was how QUIET it was at her house. That truly was refreshing and gave me time to read or think or just sit and not be needed anywhere. It was nice to spend time with family when we could. The conference was awesome! Very uplifting and filled with messages of encouragement. A great boost that I needed. I'll have to keep this little get away in mind for future opportunities.


I was so excited to see a friend at the conference that I hadn't seen in 10 years. This is Teresa Stewart and myself

Hannah loved Time out for Girls! She attended with her cousins Mary and Rayanne and her friend from our ward in California, Anelise Long.

No comments:

Post a Comment